Beef Shawarma is one of the most popular street food in the Middle East, the Shawarma sandwich distinguished taste varies from area to area and totally dependent on the vendor’s own well guarded secret recipe for the shawarma spice mix, each vendor blends his shwaram spices based on his family heritage and the geographical area and availability of the spices. Maska Food like all others has their own Shawarm spice mix that reflects the background of the founder and has been handed down through the family for generations. Below is the instruction for preparing the most delicious home made shawarma sandwich in your own kitchen. The Shawarma sandwich is commonly composed of pita bread, lamb or beef marinated in special shawarma seasoning, Tahini sauce, sliced onions with Sumac and Parsley added on meat for the most delicious home made shawarma sandwich ever…
Instructions for Beef Shawarma
- 2 Tablespoons Maska Food Shawarma Spice Mix
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Cider or Red Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender except for Olive Oil
- 2 lbs of Meat (roast cut or steak cuts) cut into 4” long and ½” in thickness.
- Rub the meat with the liquid marinade mixture
- Add olive oil and rub again
- Cover the meat marinade with foil and keep in the fridge overnight.
Mix ½ cup Tahini Paste, 1 cup Lemon Juice, 2 Cloves minced Garlic and a dash of Salt. Add water till you get a smooth sauce.
- Grill the meat using Panini press for 10 to 15 minutes or
lay the meat in a single layer in a tray, cover with foil and cook at 300 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Shred the meat and put on Pita bread and drizzle Tahini sauce on top of meat.
- To make the sandwich, add the Sliced Onions, Chopped Parsley, and Sliced Tomato on top of the meat in the pita. Roll the pita bread, warm it on panini press, and serve.